Saturday, May 29, 2010

Amuse Bouche - Guilty pleasures Spring 2010

Shrek Forever After (2010)
Directed by Mike Mitchell

I think Shrek was the first animated movie that had adult subtext. Hollywood has capitalized off of this fantastic idea for years now. Unfortunately 3rd time the charm doesn’t really do it when it comes to this movie.







Robin Hood (2010)
Directed by Ridley Scott

I didn’t realize this was a prequel to the original Robin Hood Story. If you have to tell me it’s the director of Gladiator in the previews, all that means that this film fails in comparison. I’m not really much for the classic tale nor am I a huge fan of Russell Crow but Cate Blanchett was amazing as always.



Iron Man 2 (2010)
Directed by Jon Favreau

When the first film is really good, they try to make the second bigger and better then the first. After centuries of bad sequels you would think they would catch on that bigger isn’t always better. Don’t get me wrong, I was very much entertained, but Iron Man’s bigger than life ego is grossly irritating. I love powerful women who kick-ass so Natalie Rushman aka Black Widow, played by Scarlett Johansson was was the best part of the movie.




The Back-Up Plan (2010)
Directed by Alan Poul

In my mind, I picture Jennifer Lopez saying "I've had twins before so the acting will be really easy!" I know what your thinking… yes I saw this movie. I needed something mindless and stupid to watch and this was perfect! Why is it whenever Jennifer Lopez is in a bad romantic comedy her ethnicity is anything else but Latina?






Kick-Ass (2010)
Directed by Mathew Vaughn

The previews did not give this film any justice. I really liked this flick! It was funny, cute, action packed and original. Me likey… Do I smell a sequel?





The Losers (2010)
Directed by Sylvain White

This is a DC Comic turned into a feature length film full of one-liners, cliche characters and slightly predictable storyline. It wasn't all bad, just not really great. I kept on yelling at the screen “Take your shirt off!” but no one did… ☹ I might have better luck with the sequel.

2 comments:

  1. Love it...your witty comments make me want to go see the movies, especially the bad ones so that I'm let in on the joke! I usually don't like reading reviews because I don't like spoilers, you do a great job of telling it like it is without telling it all. You're great for the box office and for the people. Keep'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ take your shirt off. Speaking of which, I wonder if that Under Armour ad will ever come back to the theater. Entertaining blog. The Amuse Bouche are my favs.

    ReplyDelete