Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Don't get suckered into the Tim Burton Producer credit!


9 (2009)
Directed by Shane Acker

I went into this movie with low expectations and I still left disappointed. I usually like man vs. machine stories, but this just didn't hold my attention. Starting a storyline at the end of a disaster is intriguing, but in order to do that, something else has to happen, a new species, another form of life, something! Perhaps I didn't care enough about these characters because I spent the whole time wondering what the hell they were.

Even though the storyline was week, the visual aesthetics of the film was stunning. The level of detail and creativity were remarkable but this is the kind of movie you put on mute to watch. Perhaps they show it at your favorite bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment